Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Carla's Birthday Poem

I was going to post a little something I was working on for my birthday. Then, this arrived and I was rendered (almost) speechless. But I have enough speech left to shout THANK YOU, VALERIE!! This was actually on my wish list...that someone would create something for me out of his or her own giftedness. I got my wish! Enjoy the gift...

CARLA'S BIRTHDAY POEM
For my friend, loved and cherished, Carla Jones

I wish I had a poem to give you
some words that would
wrap around you
hug you tight
hold you close
whisper in your ear
tell the world how loved you are
how precious
how much I love you
how precious you are to me
I wish a poem would
kiss you
anoint your head with oil
lay hands on you
pray away the ghosts
of past pain
heal you of every grief
of every sorrow
that it would remind you
how wonderful
how amazing
how powerful
you are

© Valerie Bridgeman
April 2, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment