Saturday, January 11, 2014

Love, Guess Who?

Dear Carla,

I love you. I love your fierceness. You face challenges that many would not be able to withstand upon hearing the very description. You face fear like a Boss (I think that's what the kids say) with no problem. You walk into fire and worry about the burns later. You mourn so many losses and smile and hold people's hands when they go through as if your own heart is not breaking or broken. You love the most dangerous people with a courage that is unsurpassed. You leap where others would backpedal. You stand where others would not dare to walk. You are a formidable woman who has survived so much and who deserves far more than the world can offer you. And yet, you keep on living. What is the secret? How do you keep pressing when there is no strength left in your arms? How do you keep living when life threatens to kill you with your next shallow breath? How do you do this? How do you survive loss like this? How do you find ways to support those who steal from you regularly? How do you have the audacity to look at the phone hoping it will ring when you know with certainty that it will not? How can you wear those hurtful words as if they are just costume jewelry complimenting a well made up face - or should I say a well made up mask?? I mean, most people would call it quits. But you keep coming back even when the demons try to push you out of the picture. They call you to be done and end it all. Yet, you breathe again and live one more day. You are one bad mother fucker baby. I don't think I could do it. And I honor you for even trying. I will keep watching you and I will be here for you. I support you and I love you...hell, I am you!

Love,
Guess Who? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment