Sunday, February 3, 2013

Creating the world

Creating the world

If words are the stuff of creation
and sentence completion is an act of bravery
and an act of defiance
and an act of power
Then I must think of myself
and write myself
and dream my self
Back to life -
Out of death's embrace
I dream in the affirmative
Tell me,
what and who you are
Create your world
one word at a time
I am brilliant
I am beautiful
I am compassionate
I am competent
I am tough
I am strong
I am articulate
I am capable
I am astute and adroit
I am multi-lingual
I am powerful
I am preacher
I am pray-er
I am wailer and weeper
I am mother
I am lover
I am friend
I am the elephant in the room
I am the reason he lies awake at night
I am gifted and gift
I am the stuff of dreams
I am imperfect in my doing
I am perfect in my being
I am creating my world
one word at a time
I am that which remains to be seen in its entirety
I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment