Sunday, February 17, 2013

Look Down


If you look down
you will see that you are standing
in a pool of blood
you will be angry
because it will ruin your good shoes
you will be annoyed
because it will stain your good clothes
and you may have to change them
and you will be upset
because it will make you late
for whatever good thing
you were rushing off to
when you stepped on me

If you look down
You'll see that where you're standing
is in my blood
pooling around your feet
pouring from the hole
in my chest
You'll be angry
because it will ruin your shoes
yet you stand on me
pressing the blood out
when you could just compress my chest
with your hands
to stop the bleeding
if you would just look down
and see me
but you're too busy
being angry and annoyed
by the blood that is pouring and pooling
and ruining shoes
and staining clothes
and making you late
for the good thing

If you look down
you will see
that you're standing on me
and over me
and you're hurting me
by bleeding me dry
and the evidence
is staining your shoes
But you just look down
in disgust
because you think more of your shoes
than you do of me
because they don't mind
being walked on

No comments:

Post a Comment