Monday, November 18, 2013

The dreamers...

It's hard to be a thinker and a dreamer in such a noisy world sometimes. I have great dreams when I am able to reach that level of sleep where dreams appear. It just doesn't happen often. Some of my most detailed dreams scare me because I also experience deja vu from time to time and so I often fear that what has showed up in a dream will happen in real life someday. It's a little bit unnerving to see something play out in real life when you thought that your mind created it out of the safe nothingness of sleep. It makes me wonder what sleep is really made of and if insomnia is the body's way of protecting me from what is waiting for me in that deep REM sleep. Are there monsters under my bed that want to snatch me in the night time? Could be. Could very well be. But that won't keep me from trying to sleep anyway. Sleep is the dreamer's playground. Sometimes, we are able to find friends and other times, we can only find foes on the playground. But we must return every night in order to find out who will be waiting for us. I live the waking life of a dreamer. What a challenge in a world where others think themselves awake and wield weapons of mass destruction on the dreamers. If only they can keep us from imagining possibilities, they can control us. Or so they think. Come what may, the dreamers will find a way to sleep without slipping into the coma of absentminded busyness where no dreams may come. We shall not die in our dreams though we may die while living them...and that is more comforting than you can imagine. I'd rather die while living my dreams than to die without any dreams at all. I who sleep not, dream still...I believe in the power of dreams and the place where dreams are dreamt. Some dreams deserve life and others deserve death. All night tremors are not harbingers of evil. Some are just a way of finding our footing. A place to dream is my lyceum where I grow in fitness so that I have a way to live while awake, though a real dreamer is most awake when dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment