Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Crowded Train

Crowded train

Listening to my two track loop of "Heaven" and "Trouble Eyes". Nodding my head to the light notes that dance up and down behind Acey's words. I close my eyes and follow the notes as they run around the sound of his voice. Listening to his carefully crafted meter and rhythm. I open my smiling eyes to find you peeking around the door of this crowded train. I caught a glance at the brim of your hat and my chest stopped mid inhale and until I see your eyes I won't breathe again. Your height gives you an advantage that allows you to see me and give a smile of recognition. You nod and I smile my reply while letting out a breath in time to hear him say "between the black woman's thighs is where heaven is at."

I remember your shy smile and I wish I could reach down in my bag and pull out cute shoes and lip gloss. But naked I came into the world and naked is what I feel now as I anticipate your advance. But wait! What if you don't! What if you were just smiling bc you were thinking of something funny or because some other woman enticed you? Oh, we're here at the next stop. What now? Are you really walking in my direction? While you are sneaking looks at me...I hear, "shut up shut up, I'm tryin to think!" I break eye contact for a moment and like Peter on the ocean I feel myself start to drown in these feelings. You finally arrive and I smell your delicious cologne. How unladylike and embarrassing and untimely...my stomach just howled a growl! Your smile spreads slowly and I suddenly need to grab the top of the seat next to me so that I'll remain upright.

You look down into my eyes and say, "Carla, right?"

"Yes. And you are...?" I am trying to hold a straight face but the look on your face is my undoing. (What? You're the only one with game?) I lick my unglossed lips as unsuggestively as possible and try to look innocent as my hand finds a few of my locs to nervously twist around my fingers.

You lean down and it seems as if your lips are going to graze mine but you subtly divert to my ear and whisper, "Wanna mess with the passengers?"

Turning my cheek to aim my words just above that small curve above your unpierced earlobe, I whisper, "sure!"

Your arm suddenly wraps around my waist and pulls me in for a full body press. In a split second I must decide how to let this play out. Do I go with the familiar look of resting my head on your chest or should I do something to make them wonder if we really don't know each other very well. I tilt my head up and narrow my eyes ever so slightly ("it's all in the eyes") to let you know that it's our ongoing dare and the stakes are always high. You've fallen for my bait and lean into a kiss that makes ten lifetimes flash in front of my eyes. All of them mine and even across time...you're still here with me in every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment