Saturday, January 12, 2013

I used to be fly

I used to be fly
I wore pretty clothes
I wore pants with side pockets
that stayed closed
I wore pencil skirts
With ultra sheer panty hose
And stylish pumps
I used to wear sweats
With the body language
That said
Don't get it twisted
I'm not hiding it bc I'm ashamed
I'm really protecting you
From the argument that will ensue
When she asks you what you were looking at
And you discount my body
Because you don't want to argue
and she don't understand
that men are going to look
...regardless
Now I just wear flats
Bc I'm just too tired
Now I throw things together just bc they're clean
I don't care much for the presentation
Anymore
Until I see the young pretty girls
Workin it
Like I was afraid to
Because a man's hands
undressed me once
Without my consent
I used to be fly
and I wore pretty clothes
And the married men
Said I was hunting and fishing
Without a license
So to protect me
From your ignorance
I'll put a button down under this Croker sack
And cinch it with a twist tie
And I'll wear ugly
Comfy
Flat
Dowdy
Old lady shoes
And grocery store stockings
And then we will all be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment