Friday, January 18, 2013

This Thing...This Ring

This thing. This ring. With this ring, I thee wed.
Now this ring rests next to the bed...
In a box...in its final resting place.
The ring, the thing in the box by the bed...is dead.

The circle symbolized a love unbroken.
The minister asked God to bless this small token.
I never dreamed it would turn into a story by Tolkien.
The vows, the promises all shattered and broken.

This ring that I bought...I want my money back.
The marriage a sham. The dress should have been black
You know, black and blue like the ones to me from you?
This ring. This thing.

Yes with this ring, I thee did wed.
Because you believed in the ring, I almost ended up dead.
Damn this ring and those vows because Lord knows I tried.
Damn this ring and those vows for the nights that I cried.

A band of white gold...fingers in a stranglehold
My world will now unfold...
My story will be told...
In weddings, vows and God, I do still believe...

But from this ring, from this thing...
I've found my reprieve...

Reverendsister's Ink 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment