Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What looks like writing on an ordinary day

I must produce every day
I will produce every day
So this is for Monday


This morning the sun is shining through my window and her beams bring Jaha's words, Ohene's music, Charisse's paintings, Valerie's words, Bassey's words, Dre's paintings...and countless others who cannot resist the alluring and compelling song of the Master Muse.

They, in turn, are calling me to follow them to that chair where words flow effortlessly onto the page. They whisper to me and know that i will be charmed and intrigued enough to follow them into the place where we all go from time to time. That place where we create as the Master did...making something and being able to sit back and on a great day, say, it is good. We have the easy work. God has gifted us to do this work. God created ex nihilo. we are just listening and following the Master's Voice.

There is a freedom in hearing that voice. It frees me from judgement. If I were doing it, it would be easy to critique, reject and condemn. Listening to the Master's voice gives me room to just be and to feel the fullness of who I was created to be. Listening to the Master's voice evicts my controlling fearful voices who tell me that the only way to survive is to clutch and cling. In the Master's hands, I am free - not falling - just floating. I love this space. I need more time in this space. I think I will pack my things and stay here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment